Sweet Hawaiian Mini Burgers
Growing up my Grandma used to take me to dinner for my birthday every year. We picked a bbq restaurant that offered a free meal on your birthday. We probably went there every year because the meal was free, but as a child I quickly became a fan of bbq sauce. I would put it on everything – ribs, steak, burgers, chicken, sandwiches (yes, I totally did), and even french fries.
This was my first time trying Stubb’s and I was really impressed. I love bourbon flavor so the Hickory Bourbon was my fave, but it was definitely followed very closely by the Sticky Sweet.
Craft-made Stubb’s is the only nationally available BBQ sauce brand (available in 85% grocery stores) to carry the Gluten-Free Organization Certification seal and contain no high fructose corn syrup (the first ingredient in most national BBQ sauce brands.) The company is also working with the Non-GMO Project to verify its line.
Stubbs has some delicious recipes on their sites so I decided to go with the Sweet Hawaiian Mini Burgers. I love pineapple and was really digging the thought of the flavor combination. I did make some adaptations to make sure they were gluten free.
I started by making 4 mini burgers and cooking them. While they were cooking I mixed the Stubb’s Sticky Sweet BBQ Sauce, pineapple juice (from canned pineapple slices), and brown sugar over low heat.
After the burgers were done I moved them to my plate and put pineapple slices in the pan. I then drizzled my sauce over them and cooked them.
I split each pineapple in 4 pieces, placed them on the burgers, and drizzled more sauce over them.
They were so delicious! This recipe is definitely a keeper. What’s your favorite thing to put BBQ sauce on?
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 canned pineapple slices
- 1/4 cup Stubb’s Sticky Sweet Barbeque Sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice from can
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- Combine ground beef and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into twelve 1/2-inch thick mini patties. Cook.
- Combine sauce ingredients in small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently.
- When burgers are cooked, place pineapple slices in pan and pour sauce over the slices. Cook.
- Cut each pineapple and top burger. Drizzle remaining sauce over the top.
Connect with Stubb’s