Recipe for Magic Cookie Bars with Sixlets
Fall is here and along with it comes all the amazing smells and holiday food! My “Happy Fall Y’all” Wreath is on the front door and I have my pumpkin spice candle burning. The temperatures have been nice and cool as well. I never need an excuse to bake but the smells and cool temps are definitely a good reason to get in the kitchen and start baking.
Aren’t these Sixlets from SweetWorks fun? I just love the fall colors and knew I had to use them in a recipe.
I started by putting aluminum foil in my pan and spraying it. Then I poured melted butter and crushed graham crackers on the bottom of the pan. This is a fun one to do with the kids. You can put your graham crackers in a ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Depending on your child’s age and “enthusiasm” you may want to double the baggie.
Once your crust is laid our a can of sweetened condensed milk and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
After the coconut I sprinkled caramel and chocolate chips. This is fun because the kiddos can help sprinkle all the ingredients also. You really can’t mess it up. You can also substitute the butterscotch or peanut butter chips for the caramel.
For the top layer I used my fall colored sixlets. I love how colorful it looks! I put it in a preheated oven and baked it for 30 minutes. Once cooled slice into bars and enjoy!
- 1 and ½ cups crushed graham crackers
- ½ cup melted butter
- 14 oz of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 and ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel chips
- 1 cup Sixlets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 9x13 pan with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Pour in melted butter, then graham crackers. Press with spoon to make a crust.
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the crust.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut.
- Sprinkle the chocolate and caramel chips.
- Sprinkle the sixlets.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool then cut into bars.
Connect with SweetWorks: