Gluten Free Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving can be intimidating when trying to think up a Gluten free Menu, but I have 3 recipes for you today!
Gluten Free Turkey
Ingredients for the turkey:
- One organic, free-range turkey
- Brine kit
- Duck fat
- Salt and pepper
1. Rinse turkey and remove neck/giblets.
2. Brine turkey as directed by brine kit (at least 1 hour per pound). Make sure turkey is completely covered by brine.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove turkey from brine and pat dry
4. Rub turkey with duck fat, including under breast meat skin and inside cavity. Use turkey rub in kit and season entire turkey.
5. Either tuck wings under the breast or tie against body of turkey with twine.
6. Stuff turkey with pork stuffing and tie the legs together with twine. Place remaining stuffing in a baking dish and store in refrigerator until later
7. Tent turkey with aluminum foil, making sure foil is not touching surface of turkey.
8. Place in oven and roast turkey for 20 minutes per pound at 325 degrees F, until thickest part of breast measures 175 degrees F. Remove aluminum foil for last hour of roasting time to give a nice golden color.
9. Remove turkey and let stand for 30 minutes. During this time, place remaining stuffing in oven and cook uncovered for 20-30 minutes, until top is crispy and pork is cooked through.
10. Cut twine and remove stuffing from turkey, adding it to the stuffing in the baking dish. Carve turkey and serve.
Simple gravy recipe:
1. Pour all turkey drippings and scraps from the bottom of the roasting pan into a blender (or food processor).
2. Blend until smooth and serve immediately