Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
I love to bake. It’s like therapy for me and I love it even more when I make things that people enjoy. These caramel rice krispie treats are always a hit. They’ve even been called crack treats. They’re that good. And what’s even better is they’re super easy to make.
You take marshmallows and butter and melt them together.
Then stir in rice krispies.
You spread what you’ve just made into the pan. I know, this sounds like traditional rice krispie treats and it is. But this is also where it takes a turn to extra goodness.
Then you stir up sweetened condensed milk, caramels, and more butter (yes it’s a lot of butter, but that’s what makes it so good).
Then you spread that ooey gooey goodness over your first layer of rice krispies.
Repeat the process of marshmallows and rice krispies and spread it over the top sandwiching in that caramel layer.
Once it cools then you cut it up, serve, and enjoy. Just try to eat only one 😉
- 14 oz. bag KRAFT Caramels unwrapped
- 14 oz. can Sweetened condensed milk
- 2.5 sticks of butter
- 10 cups Rice Krispies
- 10 cups Marshmallows
- Melt 6 TB butter with 4 cups marshmallows over medium heat on the stove. Stir until smooth and pour over 5 cups of Rice Krispies. Mix well. Pour and smooth into pan. I like to throw some more marshmallows on top.
- Over medium high heat melt caramels, sweetened condensed milk and one stick of butter. Pour over the layer of rice krispies. Sprinkle with more marshmallows.
- Repeat step one and spread on top of caramel.
- Serve and enjoy!