Simplify College Living
I use my iPhone all the time for so much. I can’t even imagine doing life with out it. It has my calendar, photos, passwords, payments, and more.
For those in college a smartphone can replace many devices. In fact there is a trend toward mobile technology affecting countless areas of life, from music and entertainment to textbooks. U.S. Cellular devices, such as the iPhone 7 or Samsung Galaxy S8, can be a handy tool for students as they head back to college.
Why this trend towards mobile is happening:
- Smartphones are getting more and more powerful, allowing people to do much more than with early generation devices.
- Specifically related to college, many families are looking for ways to save both money and space, as students pack for school.
- Smartphones have taken the place of many traditional staples of college life and make living in a small space much less complicated.
Simplify College Living from Donna Hup on Vimeo.
Some of the trends we’re seeing towards mobile technology include:
- Streaming services like Apple Music and Spotify make it easy to create playlists for any activity such as exercising or studying.
- More than a third of smartphone owners stream music through their smartphone.
- Students can use their phones or tablets to download everything from textbooks to their favorite novels, which will lighten their backpacks on the way to class.
- According to recent U.S. Cellular survey, 59 percent of smartphone users watch video using their devices; up from 48 percent just three years ago.
- Keep up with a favorite series using services such as Netflix and Hulu, which can be viewed effortlessly on devices such as the Apple iPhone 7 or iPad.
- 75 percent of smartphone owners have used their phone to entertain themselves. Apps on devices can range from a simple round of Solitaire to complex games like Monopoly.
- Save space on a nightstand and wake up in time for those morning classes by using the alarm clock feature on a smartphone.
- Students can even track sleep quality and snoring through free apps like Sleep Cycle, which will analyze your sleep patterns and wake you at the perfect moment.
Leave a Reply