Recipe: Zucchini Lasagna
Gluten Free Zucchini Lasagna
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 4 medium zucchini (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
Step 1: In large skillet, cook beef or turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce and seasonings. Bring to boil; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Step 2: Cut zucchini into 1/4-in. slices. In a 3-qt. baking dish, place half of the zucchini in baking dish, Top with the meat sauce mixture. Repeat layer of zucchini and meat sauce mixture and cottage cheese mixture. Then add one more layer of zucchini and meat sauce mixture.
Step 3: Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Step 4: Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 10 more minutes at 375°.
Step 5: Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.