Okra Fritters with Lemon Garlic Aioli
Have you ever had those nights when you had no clue what you were going to make for dinner? It’s happened on more than one occasion for me and often it’s when I desperately need to go to the grocery store. This is when I come up with creative recipes. Some are duds and others are pleasant surprises. These Okra Fritters were a pleasant surprise.
I happened to have a can of Tomatoes, Okra, and Corn (these are so good even on their own).
This was the start of the fritter mix. I made the batter with GF flour, eggs, the vegetable mix, parsley, dill, and baking soda (full ingredients below).
It made a batter that I cooked like you would pancakes. While the fritters were cooking I made a garlic aioli.
I roasted garlic for the aioli.
I then added the roasted garlic to mayo and added lemon juice, pepper, and cayenne pepper and blended in my food processor.
I served the fritters hot with the aioli sauce on them.
I surprised how filling it was. Needless to say this has made an appearance more than once here for dinner. It was definitely a pleasant surprise.
Have you created any pleasant surprises?
- 1 can Tomato, Okra, and Corn
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp dill
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup corn flour
- ½ cup all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 cloves roasted garlic
- ⅓ cup of your favorite mayonnaise
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- a bit olive oil for roasting your garlic
- Combine the 1 can Tomato, Okra, and Corn, parsley, dill, corn flour, all-purpose gluten free flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl.
- Add eggs and mix. If the batter is too thick add another egg. If it's too runny add a bit more flour.
- Cook on a skillet as you would pancakes.
- Roast garlic in about a tbsp of olive oil.
- Combine mayo, roasted garlic, lemon juice, pepper, and cayenne in food processor. Combine.
- Serve fritters warm with aioli.