Banana Pear Smoothie
I drink a “green smoothie” every morning and this is one of my favorites! It is so easy to make and keeps you satisfied through the morning.
- 1 cup of water
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 pear
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup almond butter
*Optional* I add in 1 tablespoon of Ground Flax Seeds in all my smoothies. I usually add half a scoop of protein powder, but omit it in this one because of the almond butter.
2. Add in the other ingredients and blend. If you want a thicker consistency I would use a frozen banana.
- Spinach is a power food. It’s loaded with vitamins, a good source of omega 3 fatty acids, and has anti cancer antioxidants.
- Bananas are a great source of potassium and vitamin C.
- Pears have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory flavonoids, and potentially anti-cancer phytonutrients like cinnamic acids. The skin of the pear has also been show to contain about half of the pear’s total dietary fiber.
- Almonds reduce heart attack risk and lower “bad” cholesterol.