12 Days of Christmas
Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies
We love to eat during the holidays and these cookies have become a tradition at our holiday gatherings. Chocolate is awesome and bacon is awesome, but together? Let me reassure you, these cookies are amazing! Chocolate and Bacon may sound a little crazy, but it’s the classic sweet & salty combination and there are never any left (even when I double and triple the recipe). I get asked to make them all the time. They’re super simple to make and happen to be gluten free too.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 3/4 cup of maple syrup (1/2 cup for the cookie batter, 1/4 cup for the candied bacon)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups of almond flour (if you can’t find any you can just grind up almonds in a food processor)
- 5 pieces of raw bacon
- Preheat your oven to bake at 350°F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, toss uncooked bacon in ¼ cup of maple syrup.
- Lay out the bacon on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Keep spaced so they don’t touch.
- Bake the bacon at350°F for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from oven, and allow to cool.
- Crumble candied bacon for cookie batter after it has cooled.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, 1/2 cup maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat with a hand mixer until combined.
- Add melted coconut oil into batter and continue to blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and the candied bacon.
- Drop balls of dough on parchment-lined baking sheet, about a tablespoon in size.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes at 375°F.
- Let cool and serve.
Make sure to pin it for later!