Vegan Alfredo Recipe
One thing that has helped me in my battle with endometriosis is diet. I don’t digest meat very well. I’m surprised that I don’t miss meat that much. For me taking out dairy was much harder. I loved eating cheese. I’ve been off it so long and I can tell a huge difference especially with my sinuses. I had been seeing quite a few pasta commercials and had been craving some Fettuccine Alfredo. Now, I’m not going to promise you this tastes exactly like alfredo. It does not. *but* it’s got a super creamy texture and a really good flavor. It totally hit the spot. I used gluten free noodles, but you can use your favorite with or with out gluten.
I started by sautéing some garlic and olive oil until fragrant.
Then I added cauliflower, cashews, and vegetable broth.
I love this VegeBase. You add some to boiling water to make vegetable broth. It’s got a really great full flavor and it’s gluten free.
Bring everything to a boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
While it’s boiling start your pasta and cook according to box directions.
Transfer to a blender, add salt to taste, and blend until smooth.
Top your pasta with your Alfredo and enjoy!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups cauliflower fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 1 lb pasta of choice
- Sauté garlic and olive oil until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower, cashews, and vegetable broth. Bring to boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta while sauce is boiling.
- Transfer to blender. Add salt to taste. Blend until smooth.
- Top cooked pasta with your sauce.