Buttered Rum Apple Cider Chex Mix
This is such a fun and yummy Fall recipe. I got the idea from Great Contradictions. When I read her post I knew I had to try it myself.
- 3 cups Apple Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 3 cups Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Agave (or honey)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 cup Candy Corns
- 1 cup Peanut Butter M&M’s
1. Preheat oven to 250.
2. Put Chex cereal in big bowl.
3. Combine butter, sugar, & agave (or honey) in sauce pan until bubbly about 2 – 3 minutes.
4. Stir in spices & rum extract.
5. Pour over the cereal & stir.
6. Spread on cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 45 minutes stirring every 15 minutes.
8. Allow to cool a little then add M&M’s to mix.
Enjoy! I found it even more delicious after sitting for about 24 hours.