Summer Spicy Slaw
Summer is just around the corner and that means grilling and picnics! I love outdoor barbecuing. I’m always looking for an easy and delicious recipe. I’m not a huge fan of coleslaw. My grandma made one that I loved, but I never got her recipe. Most slaw is too heavy for me so I was excited to make this lighter summer slaw.
Let me tell you this tastes nothing like coleslaw! It has cabbage, red peppers, red onions, and cilantro. I tossed it with a homemade dressing. It’s light, summery and delicious.
It pairs fantastically with Whiskey BBQ Chicken and Chili Lime Corn on the cob. Get all the recipes here. While you’re at it … check out all the recipes below for a spectacular summer spread!
- 1 lb cabbage, cut into shreds
- 1/4 red onion, cut into long slivers
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp red chile flakes
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Make Slaw: Toss vegetables in a large bowl to blend. Put remaining ingredients in a small container then pour over vegetables and toss.