Crockpot Ginger Garlic Ribs
I am always looking for new recipes for dinner. I love trying new things and my husband is just happy I make dinner every night. He’s a huge fan of meat especially from Skyview and we had just purchased a beautiful rack of ribs so I had to come up with something.
In a dish I mixed together the ginger, pepper, and onion powder. Then I added the garlic and mixed it up again. Then I added soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and honey. whisk to combine. This sauce was so good that next time I’ll be doubling it. After the sauce was completed I split it in half.
I made a rub with a dry rub of brown sugar, smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
Then I covered the ribs in the rub. The mix smells really good 🙂
I poured the sauce over the ribs and placed them in my crockpot. I cooked them on low for about 6 hours until the meat was tender.
With the other half of my sauce I heated it on medium heat until it started boiling. In a separate bowl I mixed the cornstarch and water together and added it to the saucepan slowly to thicken it.
After the ribs were cooked I removed them from the slow cooker and placed them on a tin foil lined broil pan, meaty side up. I brushed a little more of the sauce from the saucepan and left the rest for serving. Broil in the oven for a few minutes or until it looks sticky and broiled. Allow to rest, tented with foil for 3-5 minutes and serve.
I served the ribs over rice with the sauce. They were so good!
What’s your favorite way to serve up ribs?
- 2 racks of ribs
- Dry Rub:
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 c soy sauce
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- For the Sauce
- In a dish combine the ginger, pepper, and onion powder. Add the garlic and mix again. Add the wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- For the ribs
- Place the dry rub into a small dish and mix together. Massage the dry rub onto both sides of the ribs and place in slow cooker.
- Pour half of the sauce mixture over the ribs and place the remaining half into a small saucepan. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook at low for 6 hours until the meat is tender.
- Heat the saucepan with sauce to medium heat and bring the sauce to a boil. Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small dish. Add the cornstarch mixture into the sauce slowly. Whisk until it comes back to a boil and then turn to medium low and allow to simmer until it begins to reduce and thicken. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the ribs from the slow cooker and place them on a tin foil lined broil pan, meaty side up. Brush a little more of the sauce from the saucepan and leave the rest for serving. Place the meat under the broiler in the oven for a few minutes or until it looks sticky and broiled. Allow to rest, tented with foil for 3-5 minutes and serve.
- Serve over rice.