This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AllNaturalPork #CollectiveBias
30 Minute French Onion Pork One Pot Meals
I was talking with one of my friends and we were saying how crazy it is that our families want to eat every night. Every. single. night. Well today I have a fabulous recipe for you and what’s better yet is it can all be cooked in one pan and it takes less than 30 minutes! That’s right.
In fact you may want to swing by Walmart on your way home and pick up some Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops so you can make it tonight! You can find them in the meat section and I love that they’re naturally tender and juicy without added steroids, hormones or artificial ingredients.
Smithfield® products are made with Commitment, Care and Compassion and proudly raised in the USA by Smithfield farm families.
First, start with one pan – just a regular size 10 in frying pan. Chop up 4 pieces of bacon and cook it on medium heat until done. Remove bacon from pan and discard the oil.
Return the same pan back to the heat, add about a tbsp of olive oil and brown your pork chops on each side. Remove them from the heat.
If this is a complete meal we have to have our veggies so you’ll add a large onion, sliced. Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper (exact measurements are below). You’ll want to cook these until the onions get a “glassy” look to them.
You’ll keep your onions in the pan and add low sodium chicken stock and flour. I used gluten free all purpose flour. You’ll mix this up and let it boil. You want to make sure to get all the seasoning up from the bottom of the pan.
Add your bacon and pork chops back into the mixture and cook the pork until cooked through. I flipped it a couple of times.
When the pork is totally cooked through add in some white wine vinegar and fresh parsley. From start to finish it took me 26 minutes. And yes, I totally timed it.
The best part is it was a hit!
Do you have any under 30 minute go to recipes?
Smithfield® has a giveaway going on to win a $100 Walmart Gift Card! You can enter below. Good luck!
- Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops
- 4 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp gluten free flour
- 3/4 reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In skillet, fry bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. Discard fat from pat.
- Add oil to pan and brown both sides of the pork chops. Transfer to plate.
- Add onions, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until golden and glassy.
- Add stock and sprinkle with flour. Bring to a boil and scrape up brown bits.
- Return bacon and pork chops to the pan.
- Cover and reduce heat and simmer until juices run clear when pork is peirced.
- Stir in vinegar. Sprinkle with parsley.