5 Things I Love about the 2018 Toyota Camry
Just a couple weeks ago I headed to North Carolina to visit family. I flew into the Charlotte Airport which was about forty five minutes so I needed a car. I ended up getting the Toyota Camry and I fell in love with it!
I’m already a fan of Toyota. I attended the car show in Minneapolis recently and spent a lot of time in the Toyota area. Here’s 5 Things I Love about the 2018 Toyota Camry!
I was carrying precious cargo around the Charlotte area so safety was very important to me. Toyota is actually really amazing at this with their Safety Sense which is standard on all models.
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection – It’s a camera and radar system that’s designed to help reduce the likelihood of colliding with a preceding car or pedestrian. I saw this in action when my father walked behind me when I was backing in to a spot. (the back up camera is also amazingly clear day or night!)
- Lane Departure Alert – A camera on your windshield may help you avoid the consequences of unintended lane departure by alerting you when it senses that you’ve veered from your lane.
- Automatic High Beams – A camera on your windshield aids nighttime driving by using a camera to detect headlights and taillights of preceding vehicles, and toggling accordingly between high and low beams.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control – This high-tech cruise control uses radar behind the Toyota badge plus a camera on the windshield designed to adjust your speed, helping you maintain a preset distance from the car in front of you. I had my cruise control set when I was driving on the 485 and a car cut in front of me. The Camry responded immediately and slowed down. It was crazy cool.
- Road Sign AssistNEW – Using a forward-facing intelligent camera, Road Sign Assist (RSA) is designed to detect speed limit signs, stop signs, do not enter signs and yield signs, and display them on the MID.
- Lane Tracing AssistNEW – When Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC) is enabled and lane markers are visible, Lane Tracing Assist (LTA) uses the lines on the road and preceding vehicles to help keep the vehicle centered and in its lane.
This is one my 15 year old nephew found. He said what’s in apps? And with out waiting for an answer he hit the button. Turns out there’s not only maps, but Pandora and even Yelp! This was his favorite feature.
I love the push button ignition! It may seem simple, but it’s really nice to have. I also love the wireless charging! Nothing needed to be plugged in.
4. Trunk Space
There’s a ton of it! This was great when I was loading the stroller for C and picking up souvenirs from our trip.
5. The Look
It’s gorgeous! It may seem silly, but that’s important to me. I don’t want to buy a car that I don’t like the look of. The color of the Camry I drove was Galactic Aqua Mica . It got lots of looks. The whole design is so sleek and the interior is futuristic.
I absolutely loved driving the 2018 Toyota Camry!