March is National Reading Month
Did you know that March is National Reading Month? I love reading and find it very relaxing. It’s like being able to get away. I have the Kindle App on my iPhone 7 and my iPad so I can always read when I get a chance. Mobile devices, such as the iPhone 7 and Samsung S7, and a high-quality network with national coverage, can make it easier to read and discover new books during National Reading Month.
In a recent U.S. Cellular survey, 90 percent of smartphone users said they never or rarely leave their device at home, which means they can always have a book on them. Having access to a nationwide network means customers can read best-selling novels, trending articles and the latest local news whenever and wherever they want.
So in celebration of National Reading Month here are some fun reading apps for you to enjoy!
Popular reading apps:
- Flipboard is an Apple App Store and Google Play Essential. It lets users personalize their news experience by selecting publications and topics they care about.
- Barnes & Noble’s award-winning NOOK eBook app gives users access to more than 4 million books, graphic novels, comics and magazines.
Reading apps recommended for kids:
- Apps like Homer and Hooked On Phonics use games and videos to help kids learn to read and cultivate a lifelong love of learning.
- The NOOK catalog also offers up books, graphic novels and comics that young readers know and love.
Tips to make the reading experience more enjoyable on a smartphone or tablet:
- Adjust brightness settings so the screen isn’t too bright in a dark room, or too dim in daylight.
- Take breaks to avoid eyestrain, just like reading a book.
- Check settings to prevent the screen from dimming while reading.
- Make sure to download any reading material before putting your device in airplane mode while traveling.
What are your favorite books?