Jennifer’s Tempeh Sloppy Joes
This recipe is from our winner of the Gluten Free Recipe Contest, Jennifer Watson.
You can find her on Facebook at Transformations: Advice, creating, recipes and more
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped and diced
- 1 tomato diced finely
- 2 8-ounce package of Soy tempeh, crumbled into small pieces
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard (I use a spicy mustard)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Gluten Free Vegan hamburger buns (completely optional)
2. Add tomato sauce, ketchup, agave nectar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and garlic powder and cook for 15 minutes.
*Not only is this recipe gluten free, it is can also be 100% vegan.