My Summer Skincare Routine with Burt’s Bees + Grove Collaborative
Do you change your beauty + skincare routine with the seasons? I do!
During the summer, I find myself using fewer products and spending less time primping and prepping. In fact, if you were to drop by my house, you’d most likely find me running around barefaced.
So for me, it’s all about fuss-free natural products that can multi-task.
That’s why I’m in love with this Personal Care Set from Grove Collaborative. Grab your free set of Burt’s Bees cleansing towelettes + lip crayon + body lotion + Grove Collaborative hand cream with your first order of $20.
Then take a peek at my tips for fresh, glowy summer skin:
- Sunscreen: I’m a huge sunscreen devotee. In the summer, I swap my daily moisturizer for a product with SPF. I’m ordering more Yes to Carrots Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 in my next Grove box.
- Cleansing towelettes: Unfortunately, sunscreen + sweat can leave you feeling a little greasy by the end of the day. I always grab one of these Burt’s Bees towelettes and wipe off my sunscreen when I come inside. No rinsing needed!
- Gloss lip crayon: As I mentioned, I don’t like to wear lots of makeup in the summer. Melty lipstick and raccoon eyes are not cute! Instead, I swipe on this Burt’s Bees gloss lip crayon in Pacific Coast. It gives just the right amount of bright berry color and keeps lips comfortable. Plus, how fun is this chubby crayon?
- DIY cooling face mist: You know I love a good DIY. Fill a small spray bottle ¾ of the way with water and add ½ tsp. of witch hazel. Then add 5-6 drops of essential oil — my favorite combo is 2 drops peppermint + 2 drops orange + 2 drops rosemary essential oil. Shake it up and store in in the fridge so it’s extra refreshing!
- Body lotion: Summer body lotion should be light, but also super moisturizing since all that time in the pool can leave your skin parched. Slather on this Burt’s Bees body lotion, which is made with nourishing baobab oil! I’m hooked on the super clean scent.
- Hand cream: I spend lots of time gardening during the summer months and I often forget to wear gloves. This Burt’s Bees hand cream helps heal cracks and scratches. Once I’m done rubbing it in, I run my hands over my hair. What’s leftover of the lotion smoothes down any frizz and flyways!
- Water: My motto this summer is hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. To avoid plastic water bottles, I keep a few refillable bottles chilling in the fridge for the whole family. (It doesn’t hurt to add a slice of lime and a sprig of mint, either.)
- Bonus tip: While you’re overhauling your makeup bag, why not streamline the rest of your summer routine? I order all my household staples like Mrs. Meyer’s hand soap, Seventh Generation laundry detergent, and glass spray bottles from Grove Collaborative. They ship the best natural products (carbon offset) right to your doorstep, on your schedule.
Don’t forget, this offer from Grove Collaborative ends Sunday, August 13, 6 pm PST so grab your free Personal Care Set now with your first order of $20! You’ll also be signed up for the free 60 day VIP trial. For 60 days, save even more with free shipping, free gifts, price matching, exclusive sales and personal service.