Our 9 year old munchkin is great on the computer. Actually, all 5 are pretty good on it. Jayden is entering the 3rd grade and would love his own cell phone, email, etc. Usually I let him email from my address and have family email to me with his name as the subject line. I recently found Kids Email and what a great idea! I was able to log on and add each of the munchkins. You can set up all sorts of parameters such as only letting them receive or send to those in their contact book, time restriction, and having copies of emails sent to your inbox also.
Your child can even customize their inbox. They have different themes.
Features of the service:
- Allow child to only receive and send emails from those in their contact list
- Email a copy of incoming and outgoing messages to the parent
- Remove images within emails
- Remove links within emails
- Only allow specific attachment types such as: images, pictures, video, mp3s, zip, pdf, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Allow a parent to approve or deny any email sent to your children via the mail queue
- Filter out offensive words found in incoming emails
- Spam filtering
- Kids can modify the look and feel of their account by choosing from several fun templates
- A simple mode for young children as well as an advance mode for slightly older kids